- Molecularly speaking, water is actually much drier than sand.
- The term "bank teller" originated in the wake of the 1929 stock market crash, when banks began hiring low-paid workers to "tell" throngs of frantic depositors that their money was gone.
- The brand name "Jelly Belly" was created in 1982 after Nancy Reagan made a much-publicized quip about her husband's 20-pound weight gain.
- The Internal Revenue Service audits 87 percent of women who claim breast implants as tax deductions.
- Scandinavian berserkers used to cut out their eyes before battle to spare themselves the sight of the carnage they invariably wrought.
- Human tonsils can bounce higher than a rubber ball of similar weight and size, but only for the first 30 minutes after they've been removed.
Saturday, February 19, 2011
Amazing but true
Posted by kumar gajurel at 6:31 PM